VNIT NAGPUR on Monday released 8-page Notice under the heading “Regarding the final evaluation of the students for the S/2020 session.” Many key points were there in Notice, which we will put forth in the article. The notice head stated,” The unprecedented situation resulted due to COVID-19 forced some changes in the Academic systems and Calendar for the students of current Academic Year.”
After carefully studying the directives from MHRD, discussion with the student representatives and Senate Members, and step was taken by some IITs & NITs as an onetime measure; the following methodology is approved in the Senate for final year (UG/PG) and other semester students separately.
Also Read: NIT Kurukshetra cancels end-sem exam. Evaluation to be done on the basis of internal Assessment and previous semester
For Final year Students:
Final evaluation weightage will be as follows:
a. First mid sessional examination: 30%
b. Teachers assessment including an online assignment: 40 %
c. examination through electronic mode: 30 %
The online examination (OE) will be conducted in 2 parts; the 1st part is of
Objective Type questions for 30 minutes, and the 2nd part is of DescriptiveType questions for 1-hour duration through the platform – Google Forms. The mock examination may be held for all the students (list of courses, date, and time will be informed soon)to sort out the unforeseen issues in uploading and submitting the answer scripts.
For ‘other than final year students’ of S/2020, the method of evaluation is being worked out, which will be based on the components, namely first mid-sem examination, home assignments, etc. with sufficient weightage assigned while carrying out the final evaluation. These students are advised to complete the home assignments within the stipulated time (to be announced later)
For Final Year Students
1. Last date of online teaching & display of internal marks: 5 June 2020
2. Submission of Project report (UG)/ dissertation (PG): Up to 5 June 2020
3. End Semester examination (online mode): 22 June to 02 July 2020
4. Last date for display of marks: 06 July 2020
5. Submission of grades: 07 July 2020
6. Result announcement: 09 July 2020
7. Registration for next semester Till 14 Sept 2020
8. Ph.D. Progress seminars (online) 01 July to 31 July 2020
9. Re-examination 20 July to 23 July 2020
10. The last date for display of Re-exam marks 27 July 2020
11. Summer term, including exam in last 3 days 03 Aug to 22 Aug 2020
12. Commencement of classes for next semester 14 Sept 2020
Following precautions should be taken
- Social distancing to be observed while in class and hostels:
a. The class will be split into two sections with mirroring of timetable.
b. Video recording facility to be created in at least 4 rooms of a UG Programme offering dept.
c. The electronic mode can also be recognized as a formal way of teaching for all types of courses (L, P, D, etc.) and be made operational.
d. Hostel facilities to be upgraded for maintaining social distancing.
- The classrooms should be sanitized minimum twice a day and also every time the student batches are changed.
- Campus security to be reinforced.
- Any other measure required to be adopted for the safety of the students and staff of the institute will be implemented.
Also Read : NIT SURATHKAL breaks placement record; 89% Students placed with high average CTC. Check for more details
The key highlight of the notice was that classes would be conducted on Saturday for the whole odd semester, and for even sem 5 Saturday classes will be conducted. EndSemester breaks will be reduced, and most importantly, Cultural Fest stands canceled.