National Institute of Technology Surathkal, karnataka (NIT Surathkal) administration held an E-Senate meeting with agenda to consider and approve evaluation and grading plan for Even Semester (2019-20). The agenda and the individual resolution were circulated for the approval of the senate by Email.
There was no dissent received from the senate members and hence resolution was approved. We have tried to cover all the all the resolution in short points. We will be attaching notice at bottom for your reference.
Also Read : NIT SURATHKAL breaks placement record; 89% Students placed with high average CTC. Check for more details
- The grading of the theory paper will be based on the evaluation components, which already have been completed as part of the continuous evaluation (quiz tests, surprise tests, assignments, etc. ) and the midsemester exams.
- Additional quiz tests or Assignments on the remaining topics of the syllabus may be conducted online. Appropriate weightage of the online evaluations component(s) should be assigned so that continuous evaluation sums add to 100.
- If any Students who have not appeared for the above exams due to any genuine reasons may be given an opportunity when He/She returns to Institute later. The grading of such students will be finalized then.
Also Read: NIT Kurukshetra cancels end-sem exam. Evaluation to be done on the basis of internal Assessment and previous semester
- The grading for the lab course will be based on marks obtained in the continuous evaluation components that have been completed, scaled up to 100. Online assignments/tests may be conducted wherever possible.
- The grading of the projects, both UG & PG will be based on the evaluation of the project submitted online, by the students completed so far and online project presentation can be done
- The Ph.D. comprehensive exams will be conducted only after the students return to the institute campus and regular academic activities are resumed in the institute.
NIT Surathkal is the 2nd NIT after NIT Kurukshetra to cancel End-Sem exams. NIT Kurukshetra will give grade on the basis of Midsem, continuous Evaluation & on the basis of last sem.